Training gear and travel wear launched
Posted by: Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
Date: 03 August, 2020 17:18

[www.saintsstore.co.uk]
not much Green in it ,or Gold or black for that matter.

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Re: Training gear and travel wear launched
Posted by: BuckSt (IP Logged)
Date: 03 August, 2020 18:26

I quite like it. As training gear it is good- it is a bit strange to go completely away from our core colours though, as, if plenty were bought it could seem like the town turned to bath or Bristol supporters.

Posted by: Saint Ted (IP Logged)
Date: 03 August, 2020 19:01

Hmmm, blue.

Do you know what else is blue?

Ikea

What’s Ikea next to?

StadiumMK

I can see exactly where this is heading*

Posted by: JohnI (IP Logged)
Date: 03 August, 2020 19:30

Quote:
BuckSt
I quite like it. As training gear it is good- it is a bit strange to go completely away from our core colours though, as, if plenty were bought it could seem like the town turned to bath or Bristol supporters.

Or Leinster ,,,,

Posted by: Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
Date: 03 August, 2020 19:58

Blue? Why is it blue?

Well, at least that's saved me a few quid

Posted by: Saint Bernie (IP Logged)
Date: 04 August, 2020 07:30

I’m not sure about the blue - no real connection with Saints as I can see it (and the wavey pattern on the tops looks a little ‘too football’ for my likening!) but I suppose it makes the match day Jersey/colours all the more important psychologically... and will sell a few more in the shop, to those already with plenty of green, gold and black in the wardrobe?!

C’mon you Saints!

Posted by: shendy (IP Logged)
Date: 04 August, 2020 07:55

It's only the training kit - last year's had lots of grey.
I actually quite like it - bright green and gold can be a bit bold for everyday wear, for me at least.

Posted by: TringSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 04 August, 2020 08:12

I have a training top from 15+ years ago which is blue and yellow. Quite nice actually. When we were sponsored by highland spring.

Better than the claret one from before that.

Posted by: TringSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 04 August, 2020 08:12

I have a training top from 15+ years ago which is blue and yellow. Quite nice actually. When we were sponsored by highland spring.

Better than the claret one from before that.

Posted by: Saint Ted (IP Logged)
Date: 04 August, 2020 08:13

Agree with that Shendy.

For me, I don't own anything that is green bar saints shirts and don't wear them unless I'm going to a match, maybe rarely I might wear it to the pub if a match is on, I just don't really like green on me.

I do wear a lot of blue, so this suits me.

I understand the new home/away shirts are out next week, obviously the home shirt will be GBG but am intrigued as to what the away shirt will be like

I've read a few times now blue isn't associated with the saints, but we have had navy training shirts before (2006/2007 I think) and we have had blue away shirts before.

Posted by: Corkst (IP Logged)
Date: 04 August, 2020 08:18

My kids (22 and 19) both thought the stuff looks great and they spend money on clothing like this so the club are being smart imho.

Posted by: Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
Date: 04 August, 2020 08:25

I still have and like other blue training kits. Its nice to have opinions.

Posted by: LadySaint77 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 August, 2020 15:23

I really like it. It's training gear after all.

Posted by: higgy365 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 August, 2020 20:08

Is that particular shade a Bedford blue?

I quite like it. And as it’s not a core/key shirt I don’t see an issue. As others have said, we’ve had blue and burgundy and maybe other colours that aren’t gold black or green away strips before.

Posted by: Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
Date: 04 August, 2020 22:46

Having looked at the shop, it's only the snazzy blue/black training top that I'm not a fan of. I don't mind the polo tops and the hoodies are quite smart. They're quite 'University' style.

I wonder how much the away kit reflects the training kit. Excited about a new 1st team kit as they seem to have been doing these King of Kits polls recently.

Posted by: saint krige (IP Logged)
Date: 06 August, 2020 13:36

On first glance I kind of thought 'why blue', but I actually really like the style and colour. A nice change and something that could be worn even as casual wear without looking overtly sporty.

I'm sure a lot of research went in to which colour to use and reason why, perhaps its the most favourable colour of both sexes?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net