Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Back up scrum half
Posted by: BasilBullneck
Date: 22/05/2019 13:56
looking to next season, it strikes me that the main weakness in our backs is at No9.

Faf will be on RWC duty for the start of the season, with the chance that he will be shot after that for some time having played nonstop for the best part of 2 years. Our first choice will be Cliff with back up from Gus Warr. One injury to those two and the cupboard is bare.

As far as Cliff is concerned, while he is a steady eddie, he doesn't pose enough of a threat himself. With the knowledge the ball is going out to the first receiver, the opposition back row aren't sufficiently interested, and that means there is less time than ever for the outside backs.

I think it would be desirable to have another alternative. I see Dave Lewis, formerly of Chiefs and latterly of Quins, is out of contract. He turned the game in favour of Chiefs a couple of years ago. Also, more as a stop gap, Fortauli is also available. He's lost some pace, but can still do a job. And with having had Phillips and Stringer there, he would be a relative spring chicken.

It would be a shame to have the talent we have in the outside backs wasted by not being able to get the ball to them.

Thoughts.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net