Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: When does this forum "go dark" for the last time ?
Posted by: iBozz
Date: 04/06/2019 10:07
By 'eckythump, H's D, you're either in a grumpy or a Devil's Advocate mood! grinning smiley

It may have escaped the notice of this august and highly esteemed Forum that The Major has been screaming in vain for front page stories for several years. You yourself, having been a Moderator (and possibly also an Editor, I know not), will be fully aware that sportnetwork is creaking, has many unresolved bugs, has broken features. has a generally unresponsive "support" function and is old technology with no apparent plans for update. It makes sense to move to another platform, whether that be 23Shark's version or another is the matter being discussed - or, due to apathy, not discussed.

Where are these volunteers "Certainly" willing to assume the Editor mantle? They can't even be bothered to write a single article to keep the Forum alive, let alone try to keep on top of topics and posts. You yourself resigned as a Moderator as have several others. I can't speak for Tigger or yukon, but I offered to help Moderate in order to remove some of the pressure off The Major - I'm not sure that there was an avalanche of offers at that time so why would now be any different?

As I said above, I gave an email address to which people could send articles for the front page. I had one response (the article was submitted to Tigger) and a deafening silence from everyone else - not one single email has arrived, either offering articles or submitting actual articles.

As for the timing, you say that the close season isn't the time to move. Would it really be more appropriate to move mid-season when posting is at its height? Most "major" IT system (and non-IT system) changes are done at the period of lowest traffic else chaos ensues sure as night follows day.

By 'eckythump, iBozz, you're either in a grumpy or a Devil's Advocate mood! grinning smiley

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net