Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Owen Farrell
Posted by: Speedy-New
Date: 17/01/2020 18:50
Roger I don't disagree with you at all

It's not the players, the staff or the fans fault this sorry mess has happened.

I admire any player that decides to stay with them next season. My point is really I suspect a number of them won't have much option.

They (the senior players) could have all collectively agreed to take the pay cuts required to meet this season's cap. Today's news would then not have happened
None of those players will have relegation clauses (why would they) so they are still contracted and thus due their wages as agreed.

If however they decide they want to continue playing in the Premiership / Europe and leave they are going into a market that probably won't be offering salaries at the same level (due to the cap)

I truly do admire those that stay I was just pointing out that the options to leave may be somewhat limited.

Would be interesting to see the RFU's / Eddie's position if they end up in France.......

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net