Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: O/T Election
Posted by: DanWiley
Date: 13/11/2019 12:32
I think we're going to need projects like HS2 in order to stimulate things after brexit. I'm talking about much of that 88bn going straight into British pockets, so its not lost in that sense. Whether there is a further economic benefit from having high speed rail is another thing, and I suspect it will depend on whose side the person who commissioned the report your reading is on, but my general feeling is it probably will (and will support our existing infrastructure in any case) and it seems to me that its the sort of thing a country of our size, population an affluence should have.

I think part of the issue is people hear 88Bn and think "that's a lot of money!" but its isn't really.

Anyway, I can see why all parties don't really want to get drawn to a particular position on it.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net