Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: ASK THE REF
Posted by: DorsetBoy
Date: 14/11/2019 09:47
Quote:
Bathovalballer
Thank you PGT. Excellent summation and very insightful.
Personally I think the refs not applying the law to putting the ball in straight is abdecating their responsibilities. If defending sides know that they don't have a hope of hooking a ball put straight into the second row, all they will do is an eight man shove which could be argued is more dangerous with all extra effort and weight being applied to the opposition scrum. It means the striking hooker can barely get his foot off the ground. Much more interesting and skillful and creates more of a contest if both hookers are able to strike for the ball.

See you can make very sensible posts BoB. I agree with you.
I'd also add that the back foot offside line is not being reffed well at at, both in the RWC and in the Premiership. That's down to the arefs not looking properly, particularly close to the breakdown.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net