Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: ASK THE REF
Posted by: P G Tips
Date: 14/11/2019 11:09
BoB, Dorset Boy
Agree completely with your posts.

Shipwrecked, the hooker of the side putting in is mandated to strike: which make the fact that his opponent is not even more odd!

I don't think Tony was being "defensive" -that is not his style. He is engaging, informative and entertaining. However, this is not the first time he has declined to explain the reasoning behind a refereeing trend or interpretation. I would say he was being evasive and there may be some explanation for that beyond his control.

(My speculation is that World Rugby come up with the interpretations leaving individual Unions limited wiggle room in some cases. Just my guess).

I could have asked so many follow up questions but there was a constant queue of hands and it would have been unfair & counter productive to monopolise!

PG

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net