Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: News and Stuff!
Posted by: clifftribe
Date: 26/11/2018 16:45
What you guys 2 write, is acceptable when written and read but the facts show other things...To me that's the meaning of fallacy, something you can not argue with it but leads you to something opposite to the truth.
The fact is we have had DeBeer, Paddy Lowe, Pat and Mike coughlan.All of these guys have performed in other teams so they know how to do their job but when it comes to Williams, they fail.Even Sam Michael was not as bad as it looked in Williams days when he joined Mclaren.
That's the fact you can't ignore, these guys don't forget how to do their job suddenly.
So to me, it is whether about decision makers, internal processes or maybe they are used in places they were not good enough for or maybe simply they are not listened to in a way they should.
Another fact is the team never managed to replace Patrick Head and I can remember very well when he left, Sam was saying what Patrick head was doing in the team was actually the job of 3 or 4 guys.He was doing it alone, the team is left behind from that perspective & I think that's why Pat performed alittle bit better as he was another old school boss.
But you can't run the team like that forever and hope to find such a guy every 20yrs...one day it should be corrected and for that, there must be alot of failures to happen before they get it right.

All said, I would like to ask Gunk & Sweeper one question:
Put yourself in Williams management clothes and forget about 2018...It's the early 2017 and you can get a technical director...Who do you select? Was it anyone else who could rival Lowe's achievements? Were you able to ignore the title winning team TD?

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net