Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Tough time for Williams supporters
Posted by: Mr Brooksy
Date: 07/11/2019 07:18
What I've found really interesting/sad in certain forums is the general consensus on lots of F1 sites and especially dedicated forums is that Williams are dead/need to die/they want dead.

It's like some kind of personal win and accomplishment if Williams fail entirely and fold. Why would it be so personally satisfying for one of the top 3 most successful teams in F1 history to shut up shop and make hundred of employees unemployed!

On one site I don't post on much anymore that I really enjoyed in the past has a moderator who uses every single chance to wax lyrically about how Williams is doomed, everyone involved are hopeless and the world would be better without them. Like seriously! We are down, stop with the sucker punches already! I remember Caterham raising enough crowd funding to scrape the cars to their final race. But with Williams, it's as if we are a dying Dracula and all the villagers from near and far are coming together to toe us up, throw us on a wood heap soaked in petrol and set it alight! All the while singing songs as if around a camp fire.

Anyway, yes this year has been horrid, but will we get back to being competitive... I don't know, I hope so. I miss the days of fighting at the front, near the front... Or even fighting for any position at all! Can Williams be saved from non existence like the great names like Tyrell, Brabham, Cooper and Lotus? Maybe.

Fingers crossed that 2020 we at least end up near the Alfas and Torro Rosso's!

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more"!

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net