Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Tough time for Williams supporters
Posted by: Stuart L
Date: 14/11/2019 11:21
Yes itís a v tough time being a Williams fan. Love for the team is as strong as ever. Hoping against hope things will come better, heart hopes so, but head says money talks in F1 and the team has significant pressures in that regard.

Ultimately I hope they find a way of refinancing to put proper investment into the team...facilities, process and people whilst keeping some Williams family ownership and the name.

The more I think of it I only support three teams in the order of 1. Williams, 2 McLaren and 3. Ferrari. Long term entrants and not a marketing brand / rehashed name exercise.

Want them all to thrive, glad McLaren recovering and on the up (but Iím not a fan of Zac Brown nor Bahraini money). Williams are the most fragile at present, and I just hope F1 management try to steer a few deals Williamís way as Bernie would have done (not sure they will as I think F1 now tries to be less obviously supporting some teams / owners).

Andrew, thanks for keeping this site going, youíre a great friend to many of us here, as are many of the posters. Feel I know many of you, your differing personalities etc etc.

Hereís to being on the grid in 2020, all being well and some signs of recovery and not being adrift of the field.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net