Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Halo and DRS
Posted by: dot_com
Date: 21/11/2019 13:16
Hi all.

I still do hate the halo. I still see it every time I look at an F1 car. I hate how much screen real estate it uses up on the onboards and it looks hideous from the outside too. I have the F1 TV Pro app and sometimes watch old races from the archive - and then when I watch a current race it further enforces how ugly they look with that halo. Perhaps if I didnít watch older races, or if I were a new viewer it wouldnít bother me so much. I feel like Iím watching a video game when I see the onboards - and I donít want to watch a video game! Saying all that, itís really just aesthetics and itís obviously a good trade off for the safety improvement that it brings - I donít want drivers to die in race cars, although no safety measure can truly eliminate that risk, as weíve seen recently in F2. As for DRS, it still seems too artificial to me. Sometimes itís just a given that if a driver can get within a second, he will pass. The pass itself isnít the challenge, getting to within DRS is the challenge and then the pass is a formality. But then other times itís pretty ineffective. So even the inconsistency of that really bothers me.

I would much rather we had a stripped down version of F1 without those ďgimmicksĒ but I know that canít happen now - weíve come too far, and a sport thatís been forced to become technologically ďrelevantĒ wonít want to take a step backwards in time. Itís just a shame, is all Iím saying. F1 isnít what it used to be. Iíll still watch every race but for so many reasons I do not get as excited for GP weekends as I used to. As Iíve mentioned before, this could be my age (Iím 41) and real life commitments that prohibit me from watching every session live, or the underperformance of my team, or the V6ís, or the Haloís, or the DRS, or the yada yada yada... probably just a combination of all these things, but Halo and DRS are right up there at the top of my list.

</rant>

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net