Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: News and Stuff!
Posted by: shriekback
Date: 04/07/2020 01:27
Quote:
The Terminator
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Excellent post Shriekback.

I haven't been on here much during lockdown, been waiting for the racing to return, had a quick look at recent posts and I am very impressed with the way you have responded to "bye Ian's" post.

Thank you for the intelligent and articulate way you have put across your heartfelt argument. You sir have my total respect.

Quote:
rpaloschi
Well... thats how society works isnt it. Hide the poor, hide the bad stuff, look the other way and they dont exist.
Keep the spirit shriekback

Thanks Terminator and rpaloschi. It's stunning how far some people will go to avoid having to even think about such unpleasantries, isn't it? I'd be willing to bet that none of them are in any way victimized by the system of racial injustice we all live in. Yet they are so selfish that they can't even stand to be reminded of it. Still, when they protest (clearly offended), they so often do so while insisting it is the supposedly easy offense taken by those who remind them of realities that they'd rather ignore that is the real problem, and will then assert the most preposterous and self-undermining things to justify their offense.

Take, for instance, this person, who, to justify not wanting to hear any of it, publicly asserts, despite literally everyone involved in F1 disagreeing with him, that the person most singularly responsible for what F1 is today (for better and worse), is no longer pertinent to the sport (as if the world, including F1, sprang out of nothingness this morning!):

Quote:
speed
last time i checked this was an f1 forum & bernie is not relevant to F1 anymore, and i believe his comment was not on f1 (even though i did not read it - but i haven't given him any attention since change of ownership)

It must be a total mystery to him why CNN was interviewing him to begin with. What has Bernie Ecclestone done since dawn, after all?

Or this poor fellow with an obviously poor education who claims (in public!) that anything he can't understand without effort is somehow a riddle deliberately designed to bamboozle him:

Quote:
CLOVERLEAF 888
Seems like some of you want to use this forum to make your grand speeches and use it as a platform for other things other than F1. I sometimes think some people are out to try and impress and confuse as you talk in riddles. In other words trying to look clever.
Well it's not clever. It spanks more of attention seeking.

How many politicians have sold under-educated people that line in order to feed them simple-sounding nonsense in order to control them? ('Ignore all that complicated and confusing nonsense coming from economists, social scientists, and my opponent; Immigrants, Blacks--they're the real cause of all your problems!')

Perhaps most depressing to me, however, are assertions like the following by educated people who clearly have some intelligence... people who can understand the sophisticated engineering of F1 cars but profess total incapacity, an underdeveloped character, or both at any effort to grapple with social problems and deny any and all responsibility for them:

Quote:
Mikef1
I say we just dont get involved mate. This is an F1 forum and I know what my opinions are. I'm just here because I'm desperate for a good result for Williams and maybe to see some great photos of our car on track. I'm a simple man

"I'm a simple man." (Clearly meaning that what conditions Black people live in, and what role his favorite sport may have played in reinforcing them, ain't none of his concern.) Oof! Again, shamelessly, on a web-forum!

In any case, in the face of that level of desperation, there's probably little point in trying to engage them. I hope my efforts (and yours) may at least stand to indicate that not all Williams supporters are bigots or their apologists.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net