Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Tuilagi
Posted by: TrueWarrior
Date: 01/07/2020 21:58
With his injury record and amount of time he spends with England, I'm not sure he would be worth the investment. Of the players that have been stood down by Tigers and rumoured to leave, the only 2 I would have wanted would be Genge and Taufua, although where Taufua would fit I have no idea. I wouldn't have wanted Ford as fly half is such a key position, I dont think you can justify paying 700k for a player that plays for the club in 50-60% of eligible matches in the season (assuming they stayed injury free.)

It does start to raise the question in whether it is worth having players who play for England and if you do, how many you would have. The value for money doesn't seem to be there for me. Before COVID, Genge, Ford and Tuilagi accounted for 25% of Tigers Salary Cap (apart from marquee players). Does not seem conducive to building a well-balanced squad.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net